2020 EE British Academy Film Awards, BBC ONE 9 pm
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts has announced the nominations for the EE British Academy Film Awards in 2020.
The Awards are on 2 February on BBC One and BBC One HD in the UK from 9 pm to 11 pm. You can also watch it online or on catch-up on BBC iPlayer.
Graham Norton hosts BAFTAs
The ceremony will be hosted by Graham Norton and broadcast exclusively on BBC One and BBC One HD in the UK, and in all major territories around the world.
A total of 39 feature films received nominations.
The Joker, The Irishman, Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood, 1917 all have been nominated for a BAFTA award.
The nominations were announced by Ella Balinska and Asa Butterfield at BAFTA Piccadilly in London.
BAFTA nomination highlights include:
- 11 nominations for Joker
- 10 nominations for The Irishman and Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood
- 9 nominations for 1917
- 6 nominations for Jojo Rabbit
- 5 nominations for Little Women, Marriage Story and The Two Popes
- 4 nominations for For Sama, Parasite and Rocketman
- 3 nominations for Bombshell, Judy, Le Mans ’66 and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- 2 nominations for Bait
Films which have each received a BAFTA nomination:
- American Factory, Apollo 11, Avengers: Endgame, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Booksmart, Diego Maradona, The Farewell, Frozen 2, The Great Hack, Klaus, Knives Out, The Lighthouse, The Lion King, Maiden, Only You, Pain and Glory, The Personal History of David Copperfield, Portrait of a Lady on Fire, Retablo, A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon, Sorry We Missed You, Toy Story 4 and Wild Rose
British short films which were nominated:
- Azaar, Goldfish, Kamali, Learning to Skateboard in a Warzone (If You’re a Girl), The Trap, Grandad Was a Romantic, In Her Boots and The Magic Boat
EE Rising Star Award
The nominees for the EE Rising Star Award are Awkwafina, Jack Lowden, Kaitlyn Dever, Kelvin Harrison Jr, and Micheal Ward. The award is voted for by the British public. Presented to an actress or actor who has demonstrated exceptional talent and who has begun to capture the imagination of the UK public.
BAFTAs declare a sustainable red carpet
I love the fact that BAFTA has asked that everyone wears something they already own. Since many dresses are on loan for the evening, I think it will be interesting to see what many people love. However, the fact that everyone is trying to do their bit, is a nice touch to the evening. I personally am going to sit back tonight and watch the red carpet, followed by the awards for the evening this Sunday.