What is Alexa?
Amazon’s ‘All-new Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote’ has finally been released in the UK this month.
Alexa voice control is pretty cool. Responding to voice commands it is able to answer any question you ask – within reason of course. Think Apple’s, Siri. Yet much more fun.
Alexa Echo which you see here is a hands-free speaker you can control with your voice, which came out last year. You can play music and connect to the Alexa voice service which can respond to your questions, give weather updates, order pizzas. It will also set you back a hefty £149.99.
So it was good news when Amazon said they would add Alexa to the new Fire TV stick, which you can buy now for just £39.99.
So tell me more about Amazon Fire TV?
Amazon claims that the Fire TV stick is its “fastest-selling UK device ever.” The new Fire TV stick acts as a HDMI device, that plugs into the back of your television and connects to your Wi-Fi, so that you can stream Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, BBC iPlayer and Spotify.
Some cool features:
- The Fire TV Stick is a powerful stick to stream TV, with a search-now functionality and includes the Alexa Voice Remote.
- You can access over 7,000 apps and games, skills, which includes Amazon Video, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Netflix, YouTube, and more.
- To launch apps and control content with the Alexa Voice Remote, simply say, “Launch Netflix” or “Skip ahead 5 minutes” and Alexa responds. Plus you can play music, whilst searching for local restaurants. Not bad eh?
- Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to Prime Video, featuring thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost. Plus, two million songs with Prime Music.
- Pick up where you left off. Bring hit shows and movies with you when you travel. Plug your Fire TV Stick into a TV’s HDMI port, connect to Wi-Fi and continue watching.
Amazon Fire Intro Offer
All-New Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote | Streaming Media Player
Get £2.00 to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a new Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, or Fire tablet sold by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Learn more on Amazon’s Terms and Conditions. Offer ends at 23:59 on Wednesday, May 10, 2017.
*Promotional offer is administered by Amazon and not Brokegirlinthecity.com.
Author: Marie Ellis
People say write about what you know. So I did. I founded Broke Girl in the City – a smart girl’s guide to leading a fabulous lifestyle on a budget! A career spanning entertainment, bars & nightclubs (and frequenting them), film, music and TV, there isn’t much I don’t know about how to have fun in the city when completely broke.